The Clasp by Sloane Crosley These Shallow Graves by Jennifer Donnelly Sofia Khan is Not Obliged by Ayisha Malik

I Like Your Style

Monday, September 9, 2013

As usual, this weekend I spent some time going through the forums of the FashionSpot checking out the usual suspects (Kerry, Blake, Mila) and revisiting some those I only catch up with now and then (Elizabeth, Felicity, Scarlett). Finally, I looked at Alicia Vikander's thread and OMG - her style is amazing. Mother and I only managed to sit through 1/4 of Anna Karenina this weekend but Alicia was quite charming as Kitty. Anyway, Alicia has been promoted to the usual suspects list (Blake might have to be demoted).


I LOVE this outfit. I very much want that jumper but cannot find it anywhere at this moment in time- the internet is a big place when you don't know where to start. The bag is Miu Miu and the jeans are probably J Brand (although that slanted, zippered pocket style can be found almost everywhere these days, don't you think?) but I have no idea about the jumper! So, guesses on a postcard to the usual address please.  

Lupita Nyong'o is also having a good run at TIFF after wearing this beautiful Prada dress to her premiere of 12 Years A Slave (which I'm sure we'll all be talking about for the next six months, especially as the Oscars are later than usual, so I'll refrain from saying anything about the film just yet). I'm so glad she went neutral. I'm glad she didn't stick to stereotype and go with a print because yes, print usually works wonderfully on darker skin but sometimes we ethnic girls just want to wear a Gwyneth/Annie/Jennifer moment too, in a pale, 'it's my moment, I'm a star' gown. Just as long as it's not by Marchesa (Naomi Watts - what were you thinking?)


Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!