The Clasp by Sloane Crosley These Shallow Graves by Jennifer Donnelly Sofia Khan is Not Obliged by Ayisha Malik

The Not So Simple Life

Friday, May 17, 2013




I've always been a big fan of Nicole Richie. I remember wanting to cut my hair like hers when she chopped it off - luckily I didn't because it wouldn't have suited me at all! I love that she's completely rebranded herself and is miles away from her Simple Life self. Nicole Richie is proof that people grow up in their own time and space (so we should all lay off Miley and co. but that's another story). Anyway, have you seen her web series Candidly Nicole? Take a look here

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the content so far but it's highly watchable. I never thought I cared about flowers but I was scarily engrossed in that episode! The latest episode was entertaining too, as she talks style with friends Erin Foster and Ben Lyons (remember when Ben was the film guy on the Daily 10? And Sal Masekela! I used to love their reports from Comic Con. Gosh those were the days.)

I think the reason it works very well is because Nicole isn't a try-hard - she's one of those rare, effortlessly cool people. She isn't trying to climb the ranks with this web series, she's not a preachy 'mocktress', she doesn't pimp out her kids or partner or even her dad, and her advice is much more relatable to someone my age than, say, GOOP. I had to unsubscribe from GOOP because it was just getting too depressing but I do have a soft spot for Gwyneth Paltrow. I hope Nicole expands her lifestyle brand more because I'd happily sign up to a newsletter from her if it featured all these little bits of advice. 

So, if you're looking for some fun hints and tips - check out Candidly Nicole. 

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!