The Clasp by Sloane Crosley These Shallow Graves by Jennifer Donnelly Sofia Khan is Not Obliged by Ayisha Malik

NANOWRIMO 2013- HELP!

Thursday, October 25, 2012


So, November will be with us in one week, which means National Novel Writing Month. And Movember if you're a male (or a very dedicated and unselfconscious female). Last year, I won Nanowrimo for the first time after trying since around 2006. I basked in smugness for months, and I mean MONTHS, afterwards. So much so I couldn't wait for this year's challenge. I thought I was slick, I had an idea stewing away during the summer and made vague plans in my head. However, when it came to writing it down for my outline, I realised I didn't love the idea anymore. I got stuck. So, I tried to make the best of it and merged parts of that plot with some rejected plots from years gone by. But, it's just not working. It feels like a fail already. I'm not passionate about the story. As a result, I have no outline- just a page of rambling. HELP!

I am suffering from severe writer's block. So much so, I can't even write coherently on this here blog of mine. Ridiculous. Also, this year is the most busy November I've had and I'm just not sure I have the time to baby a plot. 

I need some inspiration. Should I try and force this story or work to come up with another?

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!